Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015. Transfers! Welcome Elder Cloward


Hi guys! I've been in a trio this last week and it's been pretty fun I've enjoyed it! It's interesting also to work two different areas and teach a whole new set of people! It's really fun though! This last week's been pretty awesome! It's  nice having working companions! We have stayed busy and I have loved it! I'm really excited for my next companion I hear he is basically the opposite of my last companion which will be awesome! I'm looking forward to that a lot! We got to teach a guy named John st fluer from some tiny country in Africa. He was really struggling with the after life. Until we read some verses from the bible! Them he accepted it completely! We need to work with him to gain a better testimony of the Book of Mormon though! Anyways that was good. We gave the apartment a very deep clean it really needed it. I've been studying the Old Testament along with the Book of Mormon and its really interesting. I've learned a lot and there are some wild stories in there also! I'm thinking about starting a bible study class for our Asian investigators because the majority of them don't really know much about Christ at all. So I've found in our lessons we explain many of the bible stories. I'm currently on my way to transfers. My new companion is Elder Cloward, this is his last cycle and he is coming from being a zone leader in the Bronx so I think it will be pretty good. I was asked to be district leader too. It's gotten really, really cold here but luckily I have warm clothes so I can stay mostly comfortable. We may have two new investigators soon which would both be awesome! I love just having a day full of appointments! It is so awesome! This week I've been doing my best to utilize planning to the very best point I can, and I think it's helping! I feel a lot more effective as a missionary! So update on the golden plates, they didn't have any. They did have flattened gold disks with engravings on them though. From the same time period as the nephites so that's pretty cool. Well I hope everyone has a good week!



Elder Richards


Manhattan Zone! We ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment