Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20, 2016 Transfers last Saturday!

Week Update
            This week has been a pretty good one.
            On Thursday we were able to meet with both Anthony and Oscar, so that was pretty good. Our lesson with Anthony was pretty interesting, he had a baptismal date way back in the day, but he got in a disagreement with one. Of the missionaries who were teaching him over how friendly he was being with the members of the ward and he quit investigating, He said he does want to be baptized though. During our lesson he stopped us and said he had something important he wanted to talk to us about, but after the lesson. So we thought it was going to be something big but it turns out he just wanted to tell us he had a girlfriend. He is an interesting guy. Our lesson with Oscar was similar, he is a interesting guy as well. He really wants to make friends and I'm not too sure how interested he is in the gospel aspects of the church, but rather he is more into the social scene. But he is willing to keep commitments so hopefully it will soon dawn on him the importance of the gospel aspects of the church.  It was really glad to be able to meet with them both though. 
            Friday and Saturday were both relatively slow. Saturday we got Transfer calls, Elder DeGraw got transferred to Darien Connecticut. And I got Elder Burton from New Paltz New York. So that was a twist. 
            Sunday was pretty good, Oscar came to church and pulled me aside, and asked me if he could get a girlfriend at church, I didn't understand if he thought the church would assign him a girlfriend or if he was asking if he could date the members, So I told him if he met somebody and they were interested he could date them, He then wanted me to introduce him to all the sisters in the ward, so I told him I would love to, but I didn't really know any of them. But I did introduce him to the elder’s quorum president, so hopefully he could keep him on the right track. The rest of church was pretty good.
            Following that Monday was pretty quiet Elder DeGraw had to pack and then Tuesday was transfers, So I spent the morning and afternoon waiting for Elder Burton to arrive in the city, it was nice though because I got to hang out with Elder White one of my homies in the mission he is serving in a Spanish Ward in the Bronx right now. Anyways we came home, and Elder Burton unpacked and then we spent the evening looking up less actives. Elder Burton is from Holliday Utah. I don't really know too much else about him yet, he definitely has some quirks, today we are playing a game called gatorball then we are going to go to the MET, which is one of new York’s Art museum. All in all it should be a good time. I hope you all have a great week! 


Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment