Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19, 2016 Alma academy with New Canaan youth

This week has been an alright one, here is the lowdown.
            Thursday was zone Conference. It seemed to be a long one this time around. We talked a lot about family history the restoration which is pretty fun. We got free shoe polish as well which is always a treat. One of my take always from Zone Conference was the importance of the position of my body during prayers and how to really focus as I pray. This is something I’ve been focusing on lately. All in all it was a pretty good day.
            Friday was a quiet day we did our weekly planning, and that took a long time.
            Saturday was a pretty good day, The New Canaan youth came down to the city for a youth activity called Alma academy. They got assigned a missionary to be a companion with and they spent the day with us as a missionary which was a real treat to see the people from up there and also Elder Holtom and Judd came down too, and they are my main homie’s so it was awesome to catch up with them. Me and my companion for the day had a pretty successful time which is a good thing!
            Sunday was a pretty quiet day. This is good I guess. Oscar came to church which is a good thing and he stayed for two hours.
            Monday was pretty quiet as well. We had district meeting in the morning and then spent the rest of the day contacting.
            Yesterday was a lot of not acting as well, except for we had a lesson with Oscar. It went pretty well. We invited him to attend an earlier church so he could go to all three hours.
            Today we are taking a tour of Central Park it should be pretty fun. I'm looking forward to it! Tonight we have a lesson with an investigator named Alex, he is openly gay. And he is progressing the best out of all of our investigators, anyways; we are having a lesson with him at a member’s apartment so it should be a pretty good experience I think.
I hope you all have a great week! 

Elder Richards
Elder Holtom and I

No comments:

Post a Comment