Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 21, 2016 The Hartford Temple open house and Joe is getting baptized.

Week update

Update #1
Kenny was not baptized again which really stinks, it's seems the day before his baptism he always decides he's not ready and gets cold feet, which stinks, but ultimately it's his agency, so we will keep helping him. He has set a new baptismal date for October 9th which I will miss. But it's alright. We will help him increase his faith so that he can hopefully be baptized this time. 

Update #2
Joe is a investigator the Newburgh elders were poaching, hardcore. But they passed him off to us, so he could be baptized. He had his baptismal interview yesterday and he passed which is nice, his fiancé is a member and I guess his family is really ticked that he is joining the church and is giving his fiancé a hard time. So it was a little wild hearing her story about all that is going on. It was actually the first time we met with them with out the Newburgh elders but it went well. We talked about baptism and all sorts of good stuff and had a couple of laughs all in all a good time. 

Update #3
I hit my two year mark on Saturday. I am pretty excited about it! I sure miss you guys though. I am excited to go to The Hartford temple open house it should be really cool I think! I'm excited for it! 
 and we got permission to leave the mission to go to it. If we have a member drive us and we bring a less active or a investigator. I was pretty sure we weren't going to have a opportunity to go because none of our investigators or less actives were able to go. But it turns out Joe and his fiancé want to go! So we get to go with him on Sunday which should be really cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Things are good here! We are looking to have Joe's baptism on the 30th which should be nice! We are having a good time and working hard! Hope you all have a good week! 

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment