Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30, 2016 Looking and searching for more people.

Week Update,
            This week has been a pretty good one, nothing too much exciting really happened. Here are a few highlights though.
            On Sunday one member who is moving brought a friend who seemed pretty open to attending church, at least I hope he is. We were able to get his phone number and he said he would be interested in attending conference which would be really good!
            On Thursday we were on a subway and were chatting with this one man who had a Book of Mormon and was studying with the elders, but when hurricane Sandy hit he lost his Book of Mormon and contact with the missionaries. So he was pretty excited to see us, we talked to him for quite a while, he said he was going to come to church on Sunday, but he didn't show up which sort of stunk. But hopefully he will come to conference. He seemed like a really nice guy! 
           Yesterday we were cruising around and a CNN reporter asked if I could do a interview, I told the interviewer I don't really know what the heck is going on in the world. And thanked her for the offer. But as I look back I wish I would have just gone with it! Oh well! 
            Friday night we were up in Inwood and we got into a nicer apartment building and got to teach a guy which was pretty rad, usually we don't get let inside. He had some interesting questions. But they were all genuine. He told us about his life, he is going to DC in April, to protest the government and he is planning on getting arrested which is pretty unique. He is also a physical trainer. We had a good chat with him, and he told us that we shared valuable information with him he would share some valuable info with us, so he taught us about how to buy good shoes to walk in, and also this back/spine stretch we can do to help after walking around all day. I got to be his demonstration. It was a pretty good stretch, but as I was stretching I had one of those what is going on with my life moments, where I'm sitting in some random guys apartment in Manhattan, he is sort of drunk and I'm laying on a yoga mat with my legs stretching up a closet door, while I'm trying to "crush" this guys foot will my tailbone. Regardless of how weird the situation was, it was a great stretch. I felt great for the rest of the night.
            Easter was really good, It was a pretty normal day for us. We went to church, had a great time. For dinner a member called us and gave us some left over’s from their family’s dinner, and it was way good we had lamb, beets and salad, which was all really good! I got a bumping Easter package also which was really awesome! Today we are going to go hit the big international car show. It's the same one we hit last year so it should be fun! Hope you all have a great week! 


This is the district 


Elder Richards



No comments:

Post a Comment