Monday, December 15, 2014

Date: October 16, 2014 
Area: Manhattan South  
Companion: Elder Sprunt

From: Brayden Richards
Date: October 15, 2014 at 7:10:16 AM MDT
To: Robert Richards
Subject: Dad's letter

Hey dad! I just wanted to tell you the craziest thing that has happened so far! I didn't want to include it in the other letters because I don't want mom To freak out! But anyways it was really funny scary and weird all at the the same time! So on Friday night we have our dinner appointment with brother and sister dickamore, they are the second counselor and wife in our ysa ward. So we look up the address and it's in Harlem, so it's a little sketchy but what ever. So we jump on the subway and start heading up there. And the subway gets reaLay sketchy after you go north of Central Park, anyways we go on some really weird subway line and get to the station so we head up to the street and it looks like we just came into black person central. They are everywhere in their little lawn chairs and there are cigar stores everywhere. So we just keep walking and this bearded white guy come up out of nowhere and is like you fellas headed to the dickamores, and we are like yeah. So he just decides to tag along. So I'm thinking this is weird! So we get to the apartment building and up the stairs to their apartment and nock on the door, and sister dickamore opens the door and she is like way familiar but I can't figure out where I've seen here. Anyways she welcomes us in and then she welcomes the bearded guy in too! And he finally introduces himself as mcdougal. And I guys he is just their really good friend. So I'm like calming down now because he's not a homeless man, and it turns out he is really funny and a nice guy. But anyways we walk into the kitchen and there is brother dickamore and he is even more familiar. So I'm trying to think of where I've seen them but I can't remember. So we start chatting about the neighbor hood and they tell us about this really sketchy diner across the street that they are pretty sure is a drug dealer due to they open at 10 pm and close at 4 am and the people that leave look both ways before the leave the door way. Anyways this becomes more relevant later in the story. So we help them set the table for dinner and we have dinner and just kinda small talk about life in New York and home, and so all of a sudden we hear a gun shot. And we look out the window and there are herds of black people running from the diner sp we go back to eating and about a minute later we hear," dat niggas got a *cemsored* fake *censored*gun, man up you *censored censored* and we look out again and there are all the black people just running everywhere it's a madhouse down in the street. Anyways we go back to talking again when we hear two more really loud gunshots and black ladies screaming so we look out and it's mass chaos in the street so we kinda are like this is way weird. And so we go back again to the dinner and then in about five minutes all these sirens and police cars show up. And there is a guy laying in the street! So they haul him off in a ambulance and the cops put up crime seen tape everywhere! So I'm getting kinda shaken up because this is my second night in New York and I witnessed a shoot innin! Anyways we decode to give a spiritual though and we are talking about nephis faith when all of I sudden I know why they are so familiar..... They are Adam and Eve in a temple movie!!! So I immediately ask them if it's true and they confirmed! They are from my favorite one! The one with the normal satan not squirrly one or the bald one! The one we saw when I got my endowments! Anyways they are way cool! So after we chatted for a while we hurried home and had to cross the police tape! But I'm not dead! And I had dinner with Adam and Eve and someone got shot outside their apartment! New York is crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment